1.4K views

DR PEPPER CONTACTED ME TO PUT DECAL ON CAR AND PAYING ME IS THAT FROM DR PEPPER? DOESNT LOOK LIKE FROM YOU IT SAID MARKETING MANAGER FRANKLIN MORGAN IS THAT DR PEPPER?

THEY WROTE ME A CHECK AND THEN NOT SURE WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO CASH IT RIGHT AWAY OR WHAT TO DO. THEY CALLED IT DR PEPPER DECAL WRAP TO ADVERTISE IT. DO I TURN THEM IN OR IS IT DR PEPPER.

SURE I WOULD DO IT FOR THE MONEY BUT IF ITS NOT DR PEPPER THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO GE MONEY FROM ME????? HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT/ i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Huge, Huge scam.. the check bounces in 3 days..

they want you to deposit the check and send them a copy of the deposit... right, not with my bank account number on it.. After that they will ask you to get some visa cards in the remaining amount to give to the person coming to your house to put the decals on. first, the letter is so grammatically incorrect, then - no address for Dr Pepper, then a gmail account..

really, Dr Pepper with a gmail account. I deposited the check, contacted the bank so they could deal with this fraud and brought the whole thing to the police..

You can't send someone a copy of a deposit, the cashed check is their proof you cashed it.. this is a truly big scam and many have fallen for it.

to Syliva #1487439

How long did it take you to get your check?

Can someone take a picture of the car wrapped??? I just got a check and I don’t know what to do..! ???????

to H0831Ri #1487458

How long after applying for this did it take until you received the check?

Huge scam, i work for dr. Pepper and we don't do this. Don't deposit the check!

to Anonymous #1485361

Ok tanks for your Advaser

My husband received a text from a Thomas Mack about the same thing and we got the check and didn't do nothing with it and it was again to take 500 out and the rest goes for the person putting on the decal and we was to send them a copy of the deposit slip after we both deposited the check cuz we both got one and that's what the packet says to do it says follow the instructions they send in packet and then send them a copy of the deposit slip so they can send someone to my home to put on the decal

I got an email also from Andrew Cole offering to pay me to put decal on my vehicle. I asked for more information and this is what was sent to me.Dr Pepper Wished to thank you for your interest in knowing more about this program that is open to residents of The United States of America only who drive going about their usual daily activities,only with a designed decal of “Dr Pepper” plastered on your vehicle making it a mobile billboard to help create awareness of the products and services we have to offer.Our company gets lots of exposure and awareness through this medium.The automobile wraps tend to be colorful, eye-catching and attracts lots of attention.It’s also a form of advertising with a captive audience,meaning people who are stuck in traffic can see the wrapped car beside them.This program will last for 3 months, in which the minimum you can participate is 8 weeks (contract renewable at the end of the 8th week).The decal will be installed by a representative of the Graphic design company contracted by us for this program and will be removed by the same representative once the contract is expired.We will be responsible for any kind of damage made by the wrap(If any), but we are 99% sure that there will not be any sort of damage as the decal is harmless.

You will be compensated with $500.00 per week which is essentially a “rental”payment for letting our company advertise on your vehicle and no fee is required from you. Moreso,you will receive payment in form of a Cashier's check via USPS and the 1st payment sent out to you from our North America payment office in charge of payments for this program will cover the cost of installing of the decal on your car and your payment for the at least the 1st 1 week of contract period to secure your service in advance.We will be waiting to hear from you.Yours Sincerely,Andrew Cole.I have responded twice with interest in doing this, and they have not contacted me, that was on 3/8/18.

to TLBar #1460396

My partner and I both just received a check for $2390 each, stating that we needed to deposit it into our checking account and send them pictures of the deposit. And also stated to take 500 out for first week's wage and the rest was for the person to come out and wrap our vehicles. I haven't deposited the checks yet because it seems kind of fishy.

to Sarah #1460545

We received the same check as well. Don't know what to do.

to TLBar #1486177

I got the same message via text today and went online to apply. I don't know if this is a scam?

Scam!!!!

Corporate said that there is no such thing as a person by the name of Franklin Morgan (marketing manager).

Don't fall for it! It's a scam!

Dr. Pepper said that they don't market their products that way. I called Corporate because I got a letter in mail with instructions on how to go about using a check they sent me. It takes 5 to 7 business days for checks to clear even if the bank says it's clear and it hasn't bounced; your in for a surprise after 5 or 7 business days later.

Don't do It! Unless you actually were interviewed and sign contract.

I'm in the same boat. It all is very weird. Lmk if anything of interest pops up because I'm not sure about this.

to Juggs #1391215

Yeah I got the same thing in the mail today so is it fake or what

to Anonymous #1462865

I just received the same thing in the mail. it a cashier's check. isn't a cashier's check where they have to pay the money up front so this won't bounce?

to Sammi #1465420

Yes, i recieved that and i cashed it i havent had any problems and i have my car wrapped as well

to Sammi #1475804

look at the check ours is drawn on a company in Michigan sent in an envelope from a moving company from NY. Niether company has responded yet am holding on to the check till I am certain.