6K views

DR PEPPER CONTACTED ME TO PUT DECAL ON CAR AND PAYING ME IS THAT FROM DR PEPPER? DOESNT LOOK LIKE FROM YOU IT SAID MARKETING MANAGER FRANKLIN MORGAN IS THAT DR PEPPER?

THEY WROTE ME A CHECK AND THEN NOT SURE WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO CASH IT RIGHT AWAY OR WHAT TO DO. THEY CALLED IT DR PEPPER DECAL WRAP TO ADVERTISE IT. DO I TURN THEM IN OR IS IT DR PEPPER.

SURE I WOULD DO IT FOR THE MONEY BUT IF ITS NOT DR PEPPER THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO GE MONEY FROM ME????? HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT/ i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

It’s a scam the check is a routing number from a different country- there’s quite a few people who have been scammed from this! They are fishing for the deposit slip with your bank information on it in which case they get your information out to have thousands taken out of your bank account

I received the same thing. A check for 1,998 saying to deposit it.

So I did but I refused to send a copy of the deposit slip until the check cleared. They didn't respond at all to that email, but I checkled today and the check did clear.

I'm not sending them anything since it's obvious this is a scam. What should I do?

to Kattan36 #1539339

So you deposited the check and your bank hadnt put a hold on the funds?

Rec a Dr pepper e-mail research It found out its a scam glad I didn't act on it....

scam

Yes I have received a letter and a check from them on Saturday Priority Mail saying that they will pay me $250 a week to have my car wrap in Dr Pepper logo the check was for $1,998. I was to deposit & send a picture of deposit slip to lins2x8@gmail.com name Andrew Cole. The check was from Resource one credit union p.o box 66077 Dallas, TX 75266

to Pris pris #1527763

I got the exact thing today in the mail. What did you do?

to Anonymous #1530418

I got the same thing

to Pris pris #1531282

How can I apply for this

to Pris pris #1534460

I just got one of these in the mail yesterday from the same guy name different email address but the same address. So I'm taking it it's a scam

to Pris pris #1539974

I got the same thing in the mail Saturday also. Mine is for Christa Testel though not Andrew Cole but same bank and all. It's so tempting but so scared it's a scam.

Fraud not trueLies

I just received the check. I called the credit union listed on check and they say its a fraud and please dont deposit it.

to Joby #1515665

Was it resource one? The credit union.

to Joby #1539023

I call BS. There is no phone number for the credit union on the check

Don’t do it . It’s a scam!

So what is it? Is it a scam or not?

Cuz I to have the check and if it's a scam ill just trash it.

Please respond to the? Thanks Taz

to TAZ #1535530

Yes it is a scam & the check is fake. Do not deposit it. You will lose all the money because the check will bounce after a few weeks.

to Anonymous #1538330

How do you know if I might ask ?

I got a text about making $500 a week also over a month ago. I just got the check Monday.

I did deposit it. Then I just so happen to check my email. The guy by the name of Micheal said I should be receiving the check soon be on the look out. I emailed him back stating yes I did receive it and I deposited it but I’m not sending him anything until the check clears.

If my banker calls me stating it cleared then he will hear back from me. He emailed me back stating it’s 100% legit and for me to email him a copy so that he can notify his accountant to release the funds. I emailed him stating NO!!!!! I’m not doing no such thing until the check clears until then you wouldn’t get another response from me.With that being said I won’t lose out because I’m not touching the money until it clears.

If it comes back as a bad check I won’t lose out on anything. You’ll have to pay smart.

If you get the check do your homework and play it safe. Deposit the check but don’t touch the money until you know for sure if it clears