8.6K views

DR PEPPER CONTACTED ME TO PUT DECAL ON CAR AND PAYING ME IS THAT FROM DR PEPPER? DOESNT LOOK LIKE FROM YOU IT SAID MARKETING MANAGER FRANKLIN MORGAN IS THAT DR PEPPER?

THEY WROTE ME A CHECK AND THEN NOT SURE WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO CASH IT RIGHT AWAY OR WHAT TO DO. THEY CALLED IT DR PEPPER DECAL WRAP TO ADVERTISE IT. DO I TURN THEM IN OR IS IT DR PEPPER.

SURE I WOULD DO IT FOR THE MONEY BUT IF ITS NOT DR PEPPER THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO GE MONEY FROM ME????? HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT/ i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK

Reason of review: Not as described.

Customer made 1 call to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 24, 2017.

Comments

I was contacted also about wraps on car. The check should be here today via FedEx.. who do I contact about this?

to ImaGAgirl #1612194

784357968088 this is the tracking number they sent me.

This is a scam, I also was contacted and got approved to have decal on my car. They then proceeded to send me a check for $2,400, but I was to pay the man that was going to put the decal on my car.

If this was a legitimate business transaction why would I have to pay them, they would pay them directly I would think. So I called the bank in St Louis Minnesota and they said the check is a fraud.

InternationalRedWolf

This same thing just happened to me, just this past week. I was initially sent a text that gave me a link to a questionnaire/form to fill out, which I did, as it said it was for a Dr Pepper car wrap advertising campaign.

I submitted the form, really thought nothing of it, and then about a week later received a text saying that a check was going to be delivered to me via FedEx and to let them know when I received it. Sure enough, a check made out to me for $2650.90 , Drafted from PNC bank, was delivered to me via FedEx along with a sheet of paper with instructions to deposit it and then notify the account manager when funds would be available, then further directions would follow. Long story short, I deposit it , withdrew roughly 2300 dollars to get two separate cashiers checks in the amount of $1000 plus an overnight fee to fed ex them overnight back to somewhere in New Jersey to pay the car wrap company. Get a call from my bank today, the check is charged back and now my account is negative/ $2600.

The initial account rep has a telephone number with area code in Los Angeles, and I also received calls and a couple texts from his supposed “supervisor”, the area code being in New York City. If anybody has any information on how to get some type of recourse for this, or who I should contact to report this, please comment here. I should’ve known this was too good to be true!!! So many scams going on these days, it’s really quite sad and it’s really got me pissed off.

I currently am receiving at least three phone calls a day from solicitors saying they are from a bank and I have a personal loan approved for $5000, then go on to tell me that I need to go purchase gift cards, loading them with a couple hundred dollars each, to verify I am the intended recipient of the loan. I figured out that one, fortunately enough, but are you kidding me with all of this? This is just absolute *** these people fleecing everybody??

I definitely wouldn’t mind getting my hands on all of them. Trust me, I’m a very capable man, and I would love to get my own vigilante justice on this one.

to InternationalRedWolf #1603197

I just receive a text message for the same thing: Dr Pepper/ Snapple car sticker, and I ignored and deleted the message. They're scammers.

You should have taken the check to your bank manager or representatives, they would've told by looking at the check that it is a bogus check from scammers, you also could've taken the check to the police dept, they are aware of this scammers. Six months ago I receive a similar text message, but it was about a house I was renting and was wating for the deposit refund. The person that sent the text said I was going to received $2,800, to deposit it in the bank, but wait 2 days before drawing it out, once I draw it out to sent it to the address they gave in New Jersey and then they would sent me my deposit. I called the real estate office I rented the house from, they said they didn't sent that text.

I took the check to my bank, the representative said it was a bogus check from a scammer, she said to shred it.

I took it to the police dept to make a report, they said the same thing the bank rep said. They said they are aware of this scam, I asked them what should I do with the check, they said just shred it.

to InternationalRedWolf #1611005

Thanks for being candid! I was about to check this out...you saved me heartache!!

(i) How long do you intend to carry the advertisement on your car?(1) month, two (2) months, three (3) months, four (4) months or five (5) months? (ii) Do you use your car everyday?

(iii) Confirm the maker of your car?

These were the questions I was asked to get the wrap applied to my vehicle. Is it still a scam?

to Karen #1603199

Karen, when you receive this text messasages just delete them, they are scammers.

to Karen #1607183

Yes its a SCAM I GOT MY CHECK TODAY FOR 4500 IN THE MAIL FROM FEDEX FROM Tony Horton. The check is a chase bank from some law firm.

No paperwork nothing.

I layinghere wondering why am I paying thepeopletoWrapmy car or are they planning on stealing it and saying they paid for it. I never heard from The guy after I said I had the check.

to Karen #1611259

Yup, I have received the same message on 12 -10-18... DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!!

I always do my homework on stuff that sounds like a SCAM.

PLEASE, PEOPLE, BE AWARE and WATCH YOUR SURROUNDING. God loves you and so do I.

740 N 52nd St Ste 200, Phoenix, AZ 85008 Did anyone’s check come from this after you were scammed or is this real and should I go through with the check?

What do you do if you have a big check and haven’t deposited it yet?? Who do you ask to make sure this is real from Dr. Pepper or is it a scam??

I was scam now my bank account is negative $1639.

It is a scam.

I was also in almost the exact situation,just today, actually.. They had me going for a minute.

Sent me a check,which looked very real, for $4000,and a page with a phone # & insructions. Dr.Pepper had hired them to find several hundreds of interested car owners to have their cars wrapped with advertising logos& I was 1 of the lucky 8"chosen". Incidentally after 2 banks refused to cash it & told me to take it to the sheriff's dept. My daughter then called the phone number of the business on the check and no they do not sponsor Dr.Pepper.

Its funny in a way,#1 even if the check had gotten cashed how does that benefit the scammers?#2- I dont even have a car,i actually 1st answered the ad for my 27 year old daughter, thinking she might be interested, but no1 even asked me any of those questions really. All in all,me & my daughter learned a valuable lesson today& turned in some bad guys.Am i a snitch? *** NO !!!

I couldve got in alot of trouble over these idiots. And if it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is!

We got the same information but we dont know if its from Dr pepper or not.

I received this same exact email. The guy ERIC KERCE is the one who contacted me via email.

Gave me a tracking # for USPS and it should be here today. I had a funny feeling that this was a scam but I waited it out to see what was next.

Sooo, I guess once it arrives I will contact law enforcement. Thank you to you all for making this public awareness.

I received one today.. my instincts tell me it’s a scam

Yes I was targeted via text with a link attached. Once you fill it out.

they then have your email and you'll receive an email. Mines was from a JamesHarvey@Autowrap.net.ms. The email asked you how long will you have the decal/wrap on your vehicle? how much driving will you do?

and something else I can't recall. Then I received another email stating Congratulations I was approved. It was $500 a week. I asked where on my car and I was told on my 2 front doors.

I was told to deposit the check into the bank. $2840.00 and let him know once it's done and then receive instructions. I knew something was fishy so I called the bank on the check to see if it's legit and they were. I told them my concerns and they verified that the business on the check was legit and a client of theirs also.

(Dapple Advertising) was the company on the check, I asked for their number and the Rep gave it to me. This company is located in Kentucky. I ended up with the Owners personal Cell number. (what's the odds) Long story short.

The owner of Dapple Advertising was completely in the dark about her accounts being hacked. So If you come across anything similar please know ......................................THIS IS A SCAMMMMMMMM

to You Gotta Be Quicker Than That #1594975

Exactly what happened to me