7.3K views

DR PEPPER CONTACTED ME TO PUT DECAL ON CAR AND PAYING ME IS THAT FROM DR PEPPER? DOESNT LOOK LIKE FROM YOU IT SAID MARKETING MANAGER FRANKLIN MORGAN IS THAT DR PEPPER?

THEY WROTE ME A CHECK AND THEN NOT SURE WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO CASH IT RIGHT AWAY OR WHAT TO DO. THEY CALLED IT DR PEPPER DECAL WRAP TO ADVERTISE IT. DO I TURN THEM IN OR IS IT DR PEPPER.

SURE I WOULD DO IT FOR THE MONEY BUT IF ITS NOT DR PEPPER THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO GE MONEY FROM ME????? HAVE YOU HEARD OF IT/ i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR BACK

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I received this same exact email. The guy ERIC KERCE is the one who contacted me via email.

Gave me a tracking # for USPS and it should be here today. I had a funny feeling that this was a scam but I waited it out to see what was next.

Sooo, I guess once it arrives I will contact law enforcement. Thank you to you all for making this public awareness.

I received one today.. my instincts tell me it’s a scam

Yes I was targeted via text with a link attached. Once you fill it out.

they then have your email and you'll receive an email. Mines was from a JamesHarvey@Autowrap.net.ms. The email asked you how long will you have the decal/wrap on your vehicle? how much driving will you do?

and something else I can't recall. Then I received another email stating Congratulations I was approved. It was $500 a week. I asked where on my car and I was told on my 2 front doors.

I was told to deposit the check into the bank. $2840.00 and let him know once it's done and then receive instructions. I knew something was fishy so I called the bank on the check to see if it's legit and they were. I told them my concerns and they verified that the business on the check was legit and a client of theirs also.

(Dapple Advertising) was the company on the check, I asked for their number and the Rep gave it to me. This company is located in Kentucky. I ended up with the Owners personal Cell number. (what's the odds) Long story short.

The owner of Dapple Advertising was completely in the dark about her accounts being hacked. So If you come across anything similar please know ......................................THIS IS A SCAMMMMMMMM

They’re trying to get you to deposit the check at YOUR BANK & have you get money orders & when the check bounces, you’re liable.

Article ID: PROD-3701 I’ve received an offer to wrap my car in graphics advertising one of your brands. Is this legitimate?

No. We do not have a program offering to wrap cars in advertising graphics for any of our brands. Anyone sending these offers does not represent Keurig Dr Pepper or any of our brands and is most likely attempting a scam. Do not respond and most definitely do not send or wire them money or provide your bank account number, credit card number, social security number or any other personal information.

Please notify your local law enforcement. To learn more, The Federal Trade Commission has information on Car Wraps and wire or check deposit schemes at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/rap-car-wrap-scams

to CF #1557121

Their email addresses are siobhanwd6@gmail.com and ekerce0706@gmail.com. Here are the emails: “Dr Pepper will like to put a small sticker on your CAR OR TRUCK and pay's you $500 weekly, click on this link for details https://goo.gl/pABhcg” and “Thank you for your swift response and your willingness to be a part of the pay to drive program by Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

We also want to congratulate you for being chosen among different entries received from your area. To this effect, you are advised to check your email regularly for updates as regards when you will be getting started and when our graphic designer will be coming to brand your vehicle. We will take full responsibility of installing and removal of the decal on your car. We guarantee you that your car will be returned back to its original state at removal with no single sign of damage on the paint.You should get your first week payment by next week.The check will cover your first week payment with the expenses for the exact wrap for your vehicle payable to the graphic designer upon completion The graphic artists will be coming with Catalog which has over 100 designs from which you can pick which design you want.

We mostly prefer the 2 front door and rear glass design(transparent). All you need do is to confirm the acceptance and understanding of this email and be sure you keep an eagle eye on your email as you will receive further instruction when necessary.

We’ll like you to re-confirm the Information below about your vehicle i) Car Color : ii) Model/Year : iii) Mileage and Present Condition Best Regards Best Regards Eric Kerce Recruiting Manager Dr Pepper Snapple Group” I just don’t think my local law enforcers would do much. I think the FTC would do a better job at catching these scammers.

I got same thing. SCAM.

Do not put that check in your account. You will be liable for the amount. I got a slip of paper with my check.. generic and no mention of Wrapping car but wanted me to text my information to them.

No name from anyone in hr or customer service attached.

The check looks legit but I was reading about Dr Pepper not being connected to it.. scam alert.

to Lisa #1583472

I received the same thing, only thing they haven't sent a check yet,they said it will be in the mail in a few days and that it's a certified check .

Scam!!

yesss it's a scam I called the bank and they are aware of it

to Steph from ri #1557126

I’ve found out that all checks like this should have the name of bank along with their location. If no info, don’t deposit it, or maybe try to cash it at a check cashing location to see if it’s real.

I wouldn’t link it to my account. They are either scamming or laundering.

Yes it is a scam they boutique got me but the bank woman called around to help me

It’s a scam the check is a routing number from a different country- there’s quite a few people who have been scammed from this! They are fishing for the deposit slip with your bank information on it in which case they get your information out to have thousands taken out of your bank account

I received the same thing. A check for 1,998 saying to deposit it.

So I did but I refused to send a copy of the deposit slip until the check cleared. They didn't respond at all to that email, but I checkled today and the check did clear.

I'm not sending them anything since it's obvious this is a scam. What should I do?

to Kattan36 #1539339

So you deposited the check and your bank hadnt put a hold on the funds?

to Anonymous #1546747

So what happened . the funds were good or not. Cause i have a check n wondering about depositing it

to Kattan36 #1550016

I did today to...exact same amt of the check. I called the bank of resource one credit union.

they are aware..its a blue check and they are aware. she told me scam...so I'm holding on to it...the person address it came from lol well house is for sale so idk

to Kattan36 #1569613

So you’re check cleared ? What’s has happened now ?

Rec a Dr pepper e-mail research It found out its a scam glad I didn't act on it....

scam