7.4K views

I am in the Houston area and I also have noticed a distinct change in the taste of regular Dr. Pepper.

As others have posted here, the flavor is off and it almost tastes flat. I thought it was me and checked all my medications, looking for side effects. My wife suggested it might be the product and when I did a Google search, I found many similar reports. These reports, for the most part, do not indicate the region of the country, so that's why I posted where I am.

I have been drinking Dr. Pepper for as long as I can remember, so I KNOW what it is supposed to taste like.

So..how about it Dr.

Pepper bottler, what did you do? And don't say you didn't change anything, there are too many people reporting the same thing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dr Pepper Soft Drink.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Location: 2400 Holly Hall St, Houston, TX 77054, USA

Comments

#2018242
@PissedConsumer1985531

does ur cousin like dr.pepper

#1982188

Completely agree! I suddenly noticed a "flat" strange taste and thought it was just the one can...then I thought it was just that case, then thought it was just me...after opening up bottled have determined it has the same flat taste and is a waste of my time to drink...Oh well, I can save about 50.00 per month now.

#2018245
@PissedConsumer1982188

you have a tiny budget i spend 800****$ on dr.pepper a day

#1980825

I’ve noticed the exact same thing!!! I’ve complained but all they did was send me a coupon for a free 12 pack which didn’t help at all.

Same flat, watered-down flavor !! I’ve also been drinking Dr. Pepper for as long as I can remember. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and also hundreds of dollars being spent on an inferior product.

I told them in my last email that I’m considering switching to Mr. Pibb. No response yet.

Great to know I’m not alone. My family thinks I’m crazy!!

#1982189
@PissedConsumer1980825

You are not alone, my family thinks it is me too. Have drank this for as long as I can remember.

Suddenly a strange flat taste that is disgusting.

This was my only drink from 6a.m. to 10p.m., I have no idea what I will switch to.

#2018250
@PissedConsumer1982189

i recommend the hard stuff like sugar water with brown food dye

#2018249
@PissedConsumer1980825

u r crazy

#1977045

I am visiting Tscon and just bought one out of a vending machine and it tastes metallic

#2018251
@PissedConsumer1977045

tastes metallic r u eating the vending machine -nir

#1976890

Barrow, Alaska here. I used to love Dr.

Pepper! But for the past month or two, it tastes chemically.

Like the smell of perfume. Yuck!

#1978754
@Titiana

Found rat *** in mine. Do not buy it.

#2018254
@Mckinsey

thx

#1975434

No recall as of yet? Why?

You need to pull Dr. pepper off the shelves! It’s been bad for 4 months at least.

Does not matter cans, bottles it’s all bad remove it from the shelves! Mesa, Az.

#1974933

I've noticed this "chemical" taste has been happening on and off for several months. I moved from drinking bottles to cans due to the weird taste.

Now the cans are tasting strange. I had two this morning, which were just fine. The can I literally just opened tastes horrible.

I hate wasting money on something that tastes horrible. Maybe it's time to stop drinking sodas.

#1974583

12 pack after 12 pack. they have a flower taste much like that of drinking a cleaning solution.

Tip of tongue goes numb. We have gone to different stores and find the same experience. we have tried different packages, bottles vs cans, same results.

It really ruins my day when my ice cold morning Dr. Pepper is tainted with a cleaning solution (if that is the cause)

#1972074

Who do you contact when this happens? I'm in Georgia and this is the first time I've ever had a dr.

Pepper taste this bad...

a metallic almost blood taste. Makes me absolutely sick.

#1971066

I’ve had (2) 20 oz bottles and a 8pk of 12 oz bottles that taste like the Dr Pepper was mixed with sprite.

#1973919
@PissedConsumer1971066

Me too! I have an 8 pk of bottles that taste like sprite/7up expiration 3/22/21

#1970976

Conroy Texas, same issue. When you open the can, the fuzz has a distinctly different sound and the soda is flat within minutes, all while tasting, not quite watered down, but off.

#1982192
@Barbarajean

Same issues here in Tennessee. Dr Peppers are poured down drain one after another due to strange flat flavor.

Disgusting. My family thinks it is just me, glad to see it it not in my head.

Dr Pepper Reviews